Re: different noteheads / changing instrument / vertical rest-position

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: different noteheads / changing instrument / vertical rest-position
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:45:08 +0200

> Den 21-Jun-01 skrev Mats Bengtsson:
>
> MB> In the reference manual, section "Sounds", the following bug is listed:
> MB>
> MB>     It is currently not possible to use the percussion channel
> MB>     (generally channel 10 of a MIDI file)
>
> Then the refman is not up to date.
> If someone would please look into this (as I cannot build the docu and hence
> cannot do it myself) this would be quite good.
> If you set instrument="drums" then channel 10 (percussion) will be used.
> There are some different other drum-instrument-names like "rock drums"
> "electronic drums" - I don't remember them but they are listed in a
> scheme-file somewhere.

You learn something new every day. To answer the original
question:
The different percussion sounds with shorthand names and
definition of note heads are listed in ly/drumpitch.ly.
Different drum kits are listed in scm/midi.scm
An example of how to use these things is given in
input/test/drums.ly.
(All assuming you have a recent Lilypond version.)

   /Mats