Re: CIRCUS2001 - International Conference for Reseach in Creative UserS

From: Carola Boehm
Subject: Re: CIRCUS2001 - International Conference for Reseach in Creative UserSystems
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:58:37 +0100

For those who spotted the mistake,
yes, the conference is in Glasgow,  20TH -22ND SEPTEMBER 2001

Many many (and many more) apologies for any confusion this may have
caused.

Hope to see you there.
Carola Boehm

Carola Boehm wrote:

> APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS POSTINGS
> Please distribute it to your interested colleagues.
>
> CIRCUS 2001: NEW SYNERGIES IN DIGITAL CREATIVITY
>        INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR
> CONTENT INTEGRATED RESEARCH IN CREATIVE USER SYSTEMS
>
>      Glasgow,  20TH -22ND SEPTEMBER 2001
>
> + + + + E X T E N D E D   D E A D L I N E + + + + + +
>
> New Paper Deadline is 15th July 2001 !!!!!
>
> We are also looking for artists, designers, performers to submit any
> works/events/performances/happenings/installations.
>
> This invitation is open to any artists who use "digital creativity" in
> broadest sense of the word.
>
> Please see http://www.music.arts.gla.ac.uk/events/CircusConference2001/
> for submission details.
>
> + + + + E X T E N D E D   D E A D L I N E + + + + + +

> + + CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT + + CALL FOR PAPERS +  +
>
> CIRCUS 2001: NEW SYNERGIES IN DIGITAL CREATIVITY
>
>        INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR
> CONTENT INTEGRATED RESEARCH IN CREATIVE USER SYSTEMS
>
>      Glasgow,  20TH -22ND SEPTEMBER 2001
>
> Supported by the European Commission's Esprit programme
> under the CIRCUS project.
>
> Further details of the conference:
> http://www.music.arts.gla.ac.uk/events/CircusConference2001/
>
> Further details of the CIRCUS project:
> http://www.circusweb.org/

> W e l c o m e   t o    t h e    C I R C U S   C o n f e r e n c e
>
> The circus conference will bring together artists, designers,
> performers, theorists and computer scientists to debate the research
> issues posed by the next generation of advanced information technology
> for the creative and performing arts, media and the electronic
> publishing industry (in its broadest sense).
>
> The circus conference will bring together previously distinct
> disciplines and encourages the replacement of 'technology push' by
> 'creative pull' for multiple-media research that integrates advanced
> technologies with new media types and modes of creation. The circus
> conference will relate technologicalapplications research to content
> issues in a theoretical understanding of vision, sound and movement.

> C O N F E R E N C E   T H E M E S
>
> INTERACTIVITY AND THE FUTURE OF THE CREATIVE PRACTICE
>
> Technology Push - Creative Pull Applications
> User interfaces and interfaces extensions to support creative processes
> Creative empowerment - applications supporting style development and
> style flexibility
> Best practice in education for creative users
> Experimental interactive creative environments
> Taxonomies of interactivity
>
> INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORTS  FOR INNOVATION OR CREATIVE PULL
>
> Implications for Education and Training
> Production methodologies for the creative industries
> Vertical Markets in the Creative Industries
> Business Models supporting creative processes
> Methodology for reflexivity within interdisciplinary practice
>
> DESCRIPTION OF CULTURE: ARCHITECTURES OF INFORMATION
>
> Metadata for creative use contexts
> Cultural and Connectionist Metadata
> [...]

       "Is this just a clockwork of fabulous design,
      or does it actually tell time" (Virgil Thomson)
Carola Boehm                  http://www.pads.ahds.ac.uk/carola
Centre for Music Technology
Department of Music           Tel: +44 (0) 141 330 4903
University of Glasgow         Fax: +44 (0) 141 330 3518