mailing lists

From: Bernd Warken
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:55:43 +0200

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 11:31:20AM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> In the new scheme, we have a info-lilypond, bug-lilypond,
> lilypond-user (for 1.4) and lilypond-devel (for 1.5).  None of the
> lists have any subscribers beyond me, but I hope you all will change
> that soon.  I guess that your message would be for lilypond-user.

The naming of the lists is inconsistent.  info-lilypond and bug-lilypond
are according to the usual GNU prefix naming schemes.  Moreover, GNU
provides the help-* naming, so help-lilypond could be easier than
lilypond-user. For devel, there is nothing prescribed, but devel-lilypond
would fit into the environment.

So far, the new mailing lists are not yet documented in
http://www.gnu.org/prep/mailinglists.html, so there is still time to make
a wise choice.

The new lists are really necessary because gnu-music-discuss is very
crowded.

Bernd Warken <address@hidden>