Stupid feature request and Type1 fonts

From: maartenwisse
Subject: Stupid feature request and Type1 fonts
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 10:21:06 -0400

Hi Lily fans,

I do not frequently post to this list. Usually, Lilypond works for me :-) Now,
I've a very strange feature request. I would like to have colour support in
Lilypond.

Let me explain why. In the near future, I'm going to deal with the technical
aspects of Renaissance music and I would like to give presentations about it in
my favourite tool for making presentations: ConTeXt. For that sake, it would be
very nice when I could do something like \red{b2 c d e} to indicate a certain
theme and \green{g2 a b c} for say the countersubject of a fugue. So what I
would like to have is not full color support which would be overkill, but basic
support giving parts of a score in a color.

That's one. Now two. My second problem when making ConTeXt presentations with
Lilypond scores in it is that PDF file from Lily are still not optimal due to
lacking Type1 fonts. Today, I tried a new program TeXTrace (on freshmeat.net
search for textrace) and I successfully ported two mf-only fonts hclassic and
cbgreek (yes, I'm a theologian) to Type1. I hope to do this one of the next
days with the feta fonts too, and then, we will eventually have beautiful pdfs
out of Lily :-)

All the best,

Maarten Wisse

PS: just a warning. TeXTrace is not yet perfect, but the results are very
promising and in my view, useful already.
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/