Linux:noteedit:crescendo/trills/fermata

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Linux:noteedit:crescendo/trills/fermata
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:04:28 +0200 (CEST)

noteedit-1.13.0 is available:

  http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

new features: (Thanks to                       |
Christian Fasshauer <address@hidden>):         |

 - fermata (see/hear example9.not)             |  Beethoven's_5th_symphony.not
 - trills (see/hear example9.not)              |
 - (de-)crescendo (see/hear example9.not)      |    Thanks to Petr Cvikl
 - (almost) all dialogs are new                |
furthermore:                                   |  <address@hidden>
 - sforzato, portato, strong pizzicato,        |
   sforzando                                   |

Possible Problems
=================

1.) Because the  syntax of trills and (de-)crescendo is relatively complicated
    I implemented a YACC/LEX based input. But (my) YACC produces (one line of)
    C++ incompatible output (also options "-fno-strict-prototype",
"-traditional"
    or "-traditional-cpp" do not help). So I correct this be means of the "sed".
    I hope other YACCs/LEXs on different systems do not produce different
    C++ incompatibilities. Otherwise let me know! Send me the error message and
    the file "grammar.cc"!

2.) Noteedit playes the (de-)crescendo using a special fade in/fade out property
    of the soundcard. Unfortunately this feature is not supported by all
    soundcards. So if the replay of (de-)crescendo causes unexpected results
    use the "--without-fadein" option!

other features:

   - insertion/deletion/modification of notes, rests, dotted notes/rests,
     tied notes, slured notes, clefs with/without shift, time signatures,
     key signatures, volume signatures, tempo signatures, triplets, repeat
     groups with/without special ending and instrument changes on different
     staffs;
   - stem up/down
   - zoom
   - building chords;
   - building groups of beamed notes;
   - playing on /dev/sequencer (if correctly configured) whereby:
        o giving each staff a different voice;
        o giving each staff a different channel;
        o giving each staff a different reverbation and chorus;
        o highlighting the played notes;
        o muting staffs;
   - lyrics
   - export MusiXTeX;
   - export PMX;
   - export MIDI;
   - import MIDI;
   - read from MIDI keyboard;
   - Application of MIDI event filters to eliminate
     some dirty effects (especially on human played MIDI files);
   - record from MIDI keyboard;
   - saving an restoring the files. The fileformat is similarily to the
     format of the music publication program (MUP). So you if you are a MUP
     user you have the possibility to convert the files into MIDI and
     Postscript. But this is no longer necessary because noteedit can export
     MusiXTeX, PMX and MIDI.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)

--