suggestions for new features (wishlist)

From: Peter Dobratz
Subject: suggestions for new features (wishlist)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:08:43 -0400 (EDT)

I have recently started using lilypond and contributing to the mutopia project.
 While typing up music I came up with a few suggestions for possible
improvements to lilypond (or maybe seperate add-on packages).

automatic finger numbering.  depending on the instrument, this might be able to
guess which fingers go on which notes and add them to the .ly file.  a lot of
times this is done on piano music and can be quite tedious.  of course that
leads to the question of whether finger numbering can be algorithmically
determined or is more of an art.

difficulty rating.  Provide a .ly file as input and determine how difficult the
file will be to play.  this would be useful for informed downloading of music
from (soon to be) comprehensive music archive sites such as mutopia.

Peter Dobratz