gnu-system-discuss

Re: GNU projects using GitHub.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: GNU projects using GitHub.
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:27:23 +0300

* Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> [2021-10-25 00:36]:
> GitHub is listed on https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria.html as
> "Unacceptable".  And not only does it require me to run unacceptable
> software in order to use it, but performs much less admirably for me
> than Savannah.  (70 KB/s downlink, anyone?)

I do not see that as problem as they contribute free software to GNU
project.

If they use some online proprietary software, that is their
decision. People may also use proprietary software on their computer
and be in proprietary operating system and create free software.

What is important is to create free software, their contributions are
as such appreciated.

Developers do get aware about Github gradually, there are many issues
and many developers move away from it.

Jean