gnu3dkit-dev

[Gnu3dkit-dev] G3DSphere -wrapPoint: and NSLog usage

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: [Gnu3dkit-dev] G3DSphere -wrapPoint: and NSLog usage
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:38:46 -0400

This method ends with the following NSLog() call:

    NSLog(@"<%@ %x> distance %f > radius %f - ignoring",dist,_radius);

The first two format specifiers appear to have no associated values. Is this meant to preface the output with the class and pointer value? That would require:

NSLog(@"<%@ %x> distance %f > radius %f - ignoring",self, (void *)self, dist,_radius);

however I wanted to clarify the purpose.

I'd also like to bring up the NSLog() usage guidelines, or lack of them. Shall we reserve them for debug, and create a debug flag to wrap around debug code like logging?

--
Brent Gulanowski                                address@hidden

http://inkubator.idevgames.com/
Working together to make great software.