gnuastro-devel

[bug #61192] BuildProgram custom program linking problems on Debian-base

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #61192] BuildProgram custom program linking problems on Debian-based OSs
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 12:29:46 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #61192 (project gnuastro):

BuildProgram custom program linking problems on Debian-based OSs

Follow-up Comment #3:

With the help of Raul we had an in-person trial (comparing the runs on my
computer and his) and we were able to track the source of the problem: Debian
(and thus all derivative OSs) patch (or modify) GNU Libtool to avoid linking
with dependency libraries!!!

I was able to get a modified Debian 'libtool' script and reproduce the problem
on my Arch GNU/linux and I am happy to say that the problem has been solved in
Commit 9ff5f5993
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=9ff5f5993>.

This should fix the problem, so I am closing this bug, and modifying the title
to be more clear on the cause.

But just to make sure, can you try building this commit of Gnuastro on your
computer again Raul? If the problem persists, please open the bug again. Its
ready-to-build tarball is also available here:
https://akhlaghi.org/gnuastro-latest.tar.lz

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61192>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/