gnuastro-devel

[task #16288] Warp: warn users when WCSLIB version is <7.12

From: Labib Asari
Subject: [task #16288] Warp: warn users when WCSLIB version is <7.12
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 08:39:12 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #16288 (project gnuastro):

Hey Pedram, I worked upon this and here's what I could come up with :
https://github.com/labeeb-7z/GnuAstro/tree/wcslib-version-warning

The approach I took is
 - detect if wcslib is present
   - if its present, detect its version using _wcslib_version_ function.
   - if it is older than 7.12, set _wcslib_version_old_ to yes, else no

Finally I print some warnings in _Configuration Warnings_ section if
_wcslib_version_old_ is yes

I've also tested and built it locally without any errors.

Let me know if this can improved any further, or I should move ahead by
sending a pull request.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16288>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/