gnuastro-devel

[bug #65050] Use --libtool option in the TEMPLATE

From: Faezeh Bidjarchian
Subject: [bug #65050] Use --libtool option in the TEMPLATE
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 09:32:40 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Tue 19 Dec 2023 02:32:38 PM UTC By: Faezeh Bidjarchian <fbidjarchian>
I wanted to create my program (neuralnet) in Gnuastro.

To begin, I copied the TEMPLATE file in the "gnuastro/bin" directory and
renamed the it to my program name.
Then, to add my program name to the "Makefile.am" file in "gnuastro/doc"
directory, I copied the specified
lines as TEMPLATE.
After pasting it in the proper place,  I renamed the TEMPLATE to my program
name. However, I compared these
lines with the lines of other programs and realized that the "--libtool"
option has not been considered for the TEMPLATE:

man/*asttable*.1: $(top_srcdir)/bin/table/args.h  $(ALLMANSDEP)
        $(MAYBE_HELP2MAN) -n "read and write ASCII and FITS tables" \
                          *--libtool* $(toputildir)/table/asttable

#man/*astTEMPLATE*.1: $(top_srcdir)/bin/TEMPLATE/args.h  $(ALLMANSDEP)
#       $(MAYBE_HELP2MAN) -n "put a short description here"  \
                          $(toputildir)/TEMPLATE/astTEMPLATE

This option is essential for using GNU Libtool with every new program.
Thus, I think we should add this option to the TEMPLATE so that the developers
can consider it for future programs.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?65050>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/