gnue-dev

Re: [GNUe-dev] xml schema

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [GNUe-dev] xml schema
Date: 28 May 2003 07:20:16 -0700

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 02:06, Warren Turkal wrote:
> Why is this project developing their own schema language instead of using the
> W3 standard XML Schema language?

Why not x-forms W3 standard as well?

There are three points to this, others can chime in.

1. In case of most of the standards, they didn't exist yet when we
started.  So you could argue why don't they follow us?

2. If you are willing to throw out argument 1, because we dont have the
money to throw into lobbying for w3 to adopt us, please note these
standards are still 'rough' drafts (or were until very recently)

3. The problem with w3 standards are you have no say what so ever unless
you are willing to pay big corporate money to sit on the board of
whatever standard it is.

That said we can revisit the schema standard and compare it to what we
have and look for compliance/compatability options, but I suspect this
will end similar to our x-forms evaluation.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Was I helpful?  Let others know: