workflow software

From: Colin Manning
Subject: workflow software
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:46:14 +0100

Hello,

I would like to discuss a potential project which I believe would fit well
within the scope of GNU, possible within GNU Enterprise. I have developed
with colleagues a fully object-oriented workflow engine, which is currently
used by a number of publishing/media production type organisations to track
and route work across complex work/production organisations. What we see
now, is that we are more and more integrating the workflow engine within
Apache and Java Servlet environments. We have also developed a powerful Java
API which makes the workflow engine fully programmable in Java (1.1 AWT
based library, and 1.3 Swing based librariy). Me and my collegues fully own
the source code and all IPR to the technology. The server component is
written to be fully portable, with single source hierarchy, and we currently
support Windows NT/2000, Solaris, Linux, Mac OS X.

I believe this technology has great potential use to assist future
distributed work environments, including work routing, job tracking,
groupware integration, time management, scheduling, diary etc. We do not
have the marketing capability, funds or resources to develop this potential.
Therefore we are now considering making the tehnlogy open source and public
domain.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with a contact to discuss this
further. If GNU Enterprise is not the right place, please let me know a
better contact point.

Regards,

Colin Manning

Colin Manning