Re: Playing Accountant

From: Derek A. Neighbors
Subject: Re: Playing Accountant
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:44:00 -0800

Well... it is due to variability in exchange rates.  Purchasing power
can be quite volatile while exchange rates remain stable. If the purchasing power of all the currencies changes in the same way, their exchange rate might remain stable.

Not sure what exchange rate has to do with it.  I do admit my original post
included a reference to currency that I think mislead people as to what
I was really driving at which is not currency.

GnuE software should consider the software models for monetary amounts
that are used by OMG and other standards bodies you think are relevant.
The OMG's amount is a combination of a numeric value and a currency code,
including but not limited to one of the ISO 4217 currency codes.
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/98-12-02

I think Neil started to review these todays.

Derek Neighbors