Re: Re: GNU Enterprise Application Server

From: Jan Ischebeck
Subject: Re: Re: GNU Enterprise Application Server
Date: 28 Apr 2003 23:23:49 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Appserver works quite well on windows with a recent version of python.
But you can just use the pw_xmlrpc RPC driver, the xmlrpc driver doesn't
work on windows. To install appserver, you need python2.2, egenix-mx, a
database driver and a populated database. I recommend the following
steps:
 1. Install python, egenix etc.
 2. Install gnue-common ("python.exe setup.py install")
 3. Install gnue-appserver ("python.exe setup.py install")
 4. Populate your database. (You have to use the setup-pgsql.sh
                             script in the samples directory)
 5. Test if appserver is working alright. ("gnue-appserver --selftest")

Now, you should install gnue-forms and can then use Appserver on Windows
as proxy. For the "middle ware" parts you still have to wait for
appserver 0.1.0.

Btw. it is very important that every table you want to access with
appserver has a table with the "gnue_id" row and is listed in the tables
row of the appserver_users table. If you want to access your own tables
it is not sufficient to just add a "gnue_id" row (ALTER TABLE xxx ADD
gnue_id char(32);). You have to populate this row with unique ids.
(quite easy on postgres: UPDATE TABLE xxx SET gnue_id=OID;)

Finally I just can join Reinhard in inviting you to participate in IRC.

Good Luck,

Jan (siesel)

--
Jan Ischebeck <address@hidden>