Re: [GNUe] GNUe forms questions

From: Julio Cesar Gazquez
Subject: Re: [GNUe] GNUe forms questions
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:39:42 -0300

El Vie 01 Ago 2003 10:06, Ulf Mehlig escribió:
>  Hello GNUe-experts,
>
>  I started to play around with GNUe forms 0.5, and I have a few
>  questions:
>
>        * does somebody have an example form that lets one choose the
>          value of a data base table's foreign key (referencing another
>          table) from a listbox?

There are no listboxes, just combos. You must set the fk_ attributes in the
field , then set the style in the entry to "dropdown".

 <datasource name="ds_farmacias" connection="meba" table="farmacias"
order_by="nombrefantasia" />
  <logic>
    <block name="blk_factfarm" datasource="ds_factfarm">
      <field name="fldCuit" field="cuit" fk_source="ds_farmacias"
fk_key="cuit" fk_description="nombrefantasia" />
   </block>
 </logic>
 <layout xmlns:Char="GNUe:Layout:Char" Char:height="18" Char:width="60">
    <page name="Page1">
<entry name="entCuit" Char:width="25" Char:x="17" Char:y="1"
             block="blk_factfarm" field="fldCuit" style="dropdown" />

> If the foreign key would be a number id,
>          would it also be possible to list e.g. a text description of the
>          item referenced by the number (given in the reference table) in
>          that listbox (thus hiding the number from the user)? Of course,
>          all this listbox stuff would only make sense if the foreign key
>          values were not too numerous ...
>        * has somebody thought about an entry field that reacts to
>          keyboard input like a "readline"-enhanced command line by
>          completing partly-typed words from a list? Would be even more
>          useful than the listbox for the foreign key issue described
>          above ;-)

Interesting, indeed. You can do it using a trigger, I guess.

>        * I read in a mailing list contribution by Jason Cater from Oct 18
>          2002 that it is possible to make "subforms" with something
>          called "<import-form>". Where can I find an example form using
>          this technique?

I guess that is not working yet. Anyway, developers didn't post anything here
since almost a month ago, I'm still waiting for answers for my own doubts.

>        * I tried to change the behaviour of date fields to accept
>          something like "dd.mm.yyyy" by manipulating the respective parts
>          of gnue.conf, but my form still didn't accept that format --
>          what is my error here?

No idea, but AFAIK mask support is not finished. You can try it via
attributes, maybe that works.

>        * I was not successful in writing a kind of input error correction
>          trigger that clears the wrong entry and then (this is what did
>          not work) jumps back to the beginning of the respective entry
>          field. Could anybody kindly give me an example?

This trigger does a search in table "personas" (people) looking by its number,
and set the name, or clears the name if it doesn't exists. I hope this helps,
it clears the field as you want, but it doesn't changes the focus.

    <block name="blk_persona" datasource="dts_persona" >
        <trigger name="buscarnombre" type="NAMED"><![CDATA[
if blk_persona.nrodoc <> "":
    nrodoc=int(str(blk_persona.nrodoc))
    rs = dts_personas.createResultSet({"nrodoc":nrodoc})
    if rs.firstRecord():
        blk_persona.nombre="%s, %s" % (rs.current.getField("Apellido") ,
rs.curr
ent.getField("Nombres") )
    else:
        blk_persona.nombre=""
        showMessage("No se encuentra")
        ]]></trigger>
      <field name="nrodoc">
        <trigger src="buscarnombre" type="POST-CHANGE"/>
      </field>
      <field name="nombre" />

>        * is there a recommended technique for doing forms with
>          multi-lingual labels and messages? I read in a list message that
>          there is an i18n team ...

No idea... I feel actually there is very little development, very few people
working at this time.

>        * a last, a probably not totally GNUe-specific question: I thought
>          about making a separate python package for some functions I
>          would use in several triggers. How do I include a package like
>          this in the MS-Windows version of GNUe forms? (with Linux, I
>          just started the form tool with "PYTHONPATH=./mystuff.py
>          gnue-forms myform.gfd", but it didn't work on Windows that
>          easily.) Is there a better technique to include such packages?

PAPO's people has a file with miscellaneous functions for daily use, but I
didn't remember how they used it.

--
Saludos

Julio César Gázquez