Re: [GNUe] Greetings message

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Greetings message
Date: 19 Oct 2003 19:11:00 -0700

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 16:00, Santiago Burbano wrote:
> Hi, everybody
>
> I just subscribed to the list and wanted to say 'Hi' to everybody here. I'm
> new to GNU Enterprise, so for now I'm just browsing thoroughly the docs and
> sources, but my intention is to eventually become an active developer for
> the project (I foresee a quite good business oportunity here in Spain with
> GNUE, when it is ready for production use, of course).
>
> So, a couple of questions to start:
>
> - Is there any (technical) info available somewhere (apart from the website)
> on GNUE?

CVS.  Look in the doc sections of the various modules.  In particular
there is something called :technotes: there that are very valuable.

> - Where should I focus to be most helpful to the project? (IOW, where are
> two more hands most welcome?)

There are so many modules and parts and so much to do it is hard to
arbitrarily pick a spot.  We find it better for someone to survey the
land so to speak then decide where they want to work.

The first decision is would you rather work on developing the framework
(forms, reports, navigator, appserver, designer, etc) or the
applications (human resources, financials, etc)

Once you make that decision then get with the maintainer (if there is
one) of that part and ask where they need help.

Glad to see you interested in GNUe.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise