Re: [GNUe] Re: GNUe (was 'What's up?')

From: Craig White
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Re: GNUe (was 'What's up?')
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:45:06 -0700

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 17:02, Darryl Caldwell wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 10:33:30AM +0000, Peter Sullivan wrote:
> > In article <address@hidden>, Derek
> > Neighbors <address@hidden> writes
> > >Yes we have a very real problem with people thinking this project is not
> > >highly viable when it is.  The interesting thing is we actually were at
> > >the core of a study on how to communicate in a distributed world[0].
> > >

> Hi all,
>
> Meaning no disrespect to the hard volunteer work you have all done, I will
> continue to bypass GNUe until there is up-to-date docs, more
> traffic on this list, case studies, and screen shots of working apps
> in the field. Is anyone besides Derek and Jason using this stuff? Show
> me.
>
> I have complained before that all new developments are regulated to IRC
> discussions, which is not a good log for developer serious about
> researching solutions. I don't want to spend anymore time grepping IRC
> logs....
>
> Sorry for kicking up dust, but I suspect this is what is holding up
> the horde.
---
and I've been monitoring this list just wondering the same thing, I
think that sourceforge uses the term 'vitality'

It took me a week to get Derek to acknowledge an email and I'm almost
ready to start a new project wondering if I'm gonna get any support at
all. Not meaning to dump on Derek at all, just wondering aloud if this
is going to get critical mass.

Craig