[GNUe] locale and non ascii chars

From: chafar
Subject: [GNUe] locale and non ascii chars
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 03:40:07 +0200

Hello.

Now that more important things are running, I can pay attention to
things like that. I'm not using snapshots, so may be this issue is
already solved or, if not, may be this helps.

I can't use non ascii characters at all in triggers code, even in
comments. I've remember a debug message saying somthing about locale,
and looked for the reason. It's the debug line, at GBaseApp that says:
'Unable to load locale information falling back...'

I've put some tracking messages in the code (excuses for long lines):

    try:
      #
gettext.install('gnue',GConfig.getInstalledBase('install_prefix')+'/translations')
      # no need for LC_ALL on win2k and XP with this variant
      lang = [locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]]
      global catalog, textEncoding

      catalog =
gettext.translation('gnue',paths.data+'/share/locale',languages=lang)
      catalog.install(unicode=True)
      textEncoding = gConfig('textEncoding')

      if not catalog.charset():
        raise InvalidFormatError, "Translation file is badly formatted for
unicode operation"

and obtained this:

... looking for es_ES translations in /usr/local/gnue/share/locale
... 0
DB001: [GBaseApp:298] Unable to load locale information falling back ...

In gnue.conf:

Encoding=iso8859-1

And:

address@hidden:~/dev/gnue$ echo $LC_ALL
es_ES

Is this relationed with crashes of gnue-forms when I use non ascii
characters inside triggers?

thans in advance.
--
Jos? Esteban