[GNUe] Python community involvement

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: [GNUe] Python community involvement
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:39:15

I attended this year's PyCon conference a few weeks ago.  The conference
was in the Washington, DC area and was easy for me to attend, being just a
half-hour Metro ride away.  I was surprised to find a general lack of
knowledge about GNUe among the participants there.

There were many presentations on Python projects, large and small.  I
regard GNUe as a major Python application, but it wasn't mentioned in any
presentation I attended.  When I mentioned it to people, they generally
professed ignorance of it.

I think there needs to be greater contact between the GNUe community and
the Python community.  I think such contact would significantly benefit
both communities.

Stan Klein