Re: [GNUe] basic questions regarding GNUe-Common-0.5.4

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [GNUe] basic questions regarding GNUe-Common-0.5.4
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:25:24 -0700

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 23:04, Venus Electronics wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the file GNUe-Common-0.5.4.tar.gz and untarred it.
> I then installed it using the command
>
> setup.py install --home=~/gnue --install-scripts=~/bin
>
> I have some questions now regarding the using the GNUe.
>
> 1 - Is there a test script to see if the installation of GNUe-Common
> was successful ?
>     (I tried looking for a logfile like an install.log file but it
> seems the installation is not logged).
For gnue-common there is no test script.  If you install gnue-forms as
well then there is a form called intro.gfd that you can use to test your
installation.

> 2 - Which other packages do I need to install in order to run the
>      Financial Application ?
We do not have a Financial Application yet.

> 3 - Now i'm using mysql as the database so do i need to create
>      a database for gnue ? or the install scripts will create one
>      automatically ?
You would need to install your own.  However when we do have a financial
application it would install for you. :)

> 4 - Is there a tutorial on how to use the Financial Application.
No because it does not yet exist.  If you are looking for one, you might
try http://arias.sourceforge.net

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise