Re: [GNUe] ODBC

From: Jason Cater
Subject: Re: [GNUe] ODBC
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:58:19 -0500

Stefan,

I don't use ODBC, so I don't have an exact answer. First off, I assume this is
on Windows. We don't have a proper ODBC-under-linux driver, as we can't find
any Free python-odbc drivers to use, except the PythonWIn version for
Windows.

Secondly, I know that service= is the only valid parameter used in odbc; host
and port are ignored.

service= should contain the DSN to connect to the ODBC data source. I don't
really know how the DSN is formatted, but
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm or
http://www.connectionstrings.com/ may be some help.

-- Jason