Re: [GNUe] Unicode

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Unicode
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:17:02 +0100

Am Montag, den 21.03.2005, 20:15 +0800 schrieb Stefan Elwesthal:
> I feel I'm spamming the list, sorry for that.

No problem - it will at least stop people thinking that this project is
inactive because there's nothing happening on the mailing lists ;-)

> Hopefully I'll learn something also.. or maybe I'll just get on to the
> IRC channel..

IRC channel might indeed be a good idea.

> Anyway, I got to think? I fired up the gnue-forms on win32 connected
> to a MySQL database on my suse machine. Anyway, I get a Unicode error
> from UIdriver.py / wxPython I think? I do use the wxpython unicode
> package but those gfd files, and those database records are plain
> english?

You might want to try the native Windows forms ui driver. (-u win32)

GNUe still has problems with some versions of wxPython, especially of
the 2.5 series.

In case you get a traceback, posting it here or in IRC would help find
the problem.

> Is there a problem with GNUe and wxPython Unicde package? and, while
> I'm at it, how do GNUe handle languages, would like to have mine in
> native swedish with right encoding of course..

As for the tools, they come with .po(t) files that can be translated
like for most other GNU/Linux programs.

As to the content of the gfd files - you have to write an own gfd per
language.

Generally GNUe should be unicode safe throughoutly - we have people from
Germany, Austria, Hungary, Russia and even China using GNUe in their
native language.

Thanks,
Reinhard