Re: [GNUe] GNUe and beginners

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] GNUe and beginners
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:27:23 +0200

Am Montag, den 23.10.2006, 14:31 +0300 schrieb Adrian Maier:
> > Personally, I have given up hope to ever get any help with
> > documentation, no matter in which format. I have learned (the hard way)
> > that as a developer, you must write your docs yourself.
>
> Well, in order to get help the first step is to have enough
> non-developers  that
> have sufficient knowledge so that they can write documentation.

Yes. Actually I even think it is *right* that the developers write the
docs, because docs should be accurate, complete, and up to date, and
that's something that people more or less outside the project usually
can't achieve.

> > "Core documentation" is documentation that is of no interest to the
> > user, but is only targeted at developers of the tools themselves. It
> > makes sense to keep them separate, IMHO.
>
> Hmmm...  The API reference is of interest only for the gnue
> developers ?

Yes, and possibly for some deveopers that want to reuse parts of GNUe
code for their own project (gnue-common is a candidate for being reused
in non-gnue projects)

> What do you mean by "user" ?  final-users, or
> developers-that-build-applications-with-gnue ?

Both.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller