Re: [GNUe] Need help with triggers

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Need help with triggers
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 17:00:14 +0200

Hi, Amil!

Am Donnerstag, den 03.05.2007, 18:06 +0530 schrieb Amil Ganju:
> I'm writing an OnInit trigger in a class customer. The trigger has to
> fetch data from another class called metadata in the same module. I
> can't seem to figure out the python syntax to do so. The documentation
> doesn't elaborate too much either.

It depends whether the other data (metadata) is referenced from customer
or not.

If customer references metadata by, say, a property named my_meta, you
would do a
m = self.my_meta

If metadata is a separate, non-related class, you would use session.find
as described at
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/tools/appserver/docs/manual/devguide/Procedures.html
 Section 6.4.2.

If you have further questions, just ask.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project (http://www.gnuenterprise.org)