Re: [GNUe] Beginner

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Beginner
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:35:34 +0200

Dear Léo,

Am Montag, den 19.05.2008, 15:44 -0300 schrieb Léo Magalhães:
> I'm an unexperienced programmer. [...]
>
> Right now, i need to implement an ERP and CRM in the Small Business
> i´m woring in, using open source software. The first module i need to
> implement is going to be my final project to get my graduate degree. I
> have to do it fast... only 6 months to go.
>
> [...] programming is not my main job here [...] I have little
> knowledge in databases, nor am i an experienced programmer [...]

Frankly, this does not read like the best preconditions for a successful
project. In any case, it is not a suitable environment for an
experiment.

GNUe is still under development, not yet adopted widely, and there is a
limited number of real life example uses out there.

I believe that in your situation, you will need all the help you can
get. I recommend to look for a development platform with the best
possible documentation and the biggest possible user base. It might not
be as powerful as GNUe, much more limited in its functions, and/or have
other disadvantages compared with GNUe, but it might enable you to get
*something* out of the door.

GNUe is - at least in its current state - not suitable to learn
programming. There are other platforms that are targeted directly at
beginners. Maybe even somebody on this list can give you a
recommendation.

I wish you all the best.

Thanks,
Reinhard