Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo playing on WING

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo playing on WING
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 17:30:13 +0100

Shigeru Mabuchi wrote:
>   I'm the server developer and administrator of WING, a modified NNGS
> clone. I recently started running GnuGo 3.x on my server.
> Currently there are 3 robots and they have already played hundred of
> games within a week. Thanks to your effort, GnuGo 3.x is becoming very
> popular on WING. Our kyu's players and beginners valued it very much.

That's nice to hear. Are you using gnugoclient or some other software
to connect to the server?

>   Your efforts on developing GnuGo is greatly appreciated.
> Thank you very much and if it can be of any help, I can automail the
> SGFs of games played on WING to you. Let me know if you want it.

Generally speaking we have no shortage of game records to use for
testing purposes, so automailing them anywhere wouldn't be very
helpful. However, if you could set up something similar to
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gnugo/nngs/
it may come to use now and then. You can find the code generating that
page at
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gnugo/nngs/update_archive

Should you happen to encounter crashes, we're always interested in
reports.

/Gunnar