Re: [gnugo-devel] Segmentation fault, dragon2 array appears to be corrup

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Segmentation fault, dragon2 array appears to be corrupted
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:40:35 +0100

Dan wrote:
> Recently we upgraded to automake 1.5 which has a different
> system of finding dependencies. Maybe it's buggy.

It's quite possibly a transitional problem.

> When I did the 3.1.20 release, I revised configure.in. Then
> I ran autoconf, autoheader and automake and compiled to no avail:
> gnugo --version gave me 3.1.19 despite the fact that config.h
> had the right version number. So I had to 'make clean; make'.

Happened to me too in the update from 3.1.18 to 3.1.19.

> My impression is that a dependency was missed.

I'd recommend anyone who has a CVS working copy which was checked out
before 3.1.19 (assuming that was when the change to automake 1.5 was
done) to do a "make clean" in order to avoid strange surprises.

Btw, it seems like recent messages to the list have been delivered
promptly, so hopefully everything is back to normal again.

/Gunnar