[gnugo-devel] trevor_1_23.1.tar.gz (vc repair)

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: [gnugo-devel] trevor_1_23.1.tar.gz (vc repair)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:01:56 -0500

http://www.public32.com/games/go/trevor_1_23.1.tar.gz
 - VC build now DFA compliant.

The problem w/ the platform depend differences was that the
(address@hidden) VC build did not include the DFA flag to the mkpat
compiler.  When run with DFA enabled, shouldn't GNU complain
that the DFA was missing for these files:
  aa_attackpat
  owl_attackpat
  owl_vital_apat
  owl_defendpat

There are still two differences, which I'll look into if they
still exist in the next release.  (trevor:200 PASSED;
global:14 FAILED)

I've included a Perl script that morphs config.h.in into
config.vcin  (Would now be a good time to re-name config.vcin
to config.vc.in?)  The patch includes both the script
and the patch to config.vcin that I've tested.

I notice the line:
/* Default hash table size in megabytes */
#define DEFAULT_MEMORY 16
I don't know if it would help, but 16 MB is not really that
much space these days;  would increasing it to 32 MB help?

-Trevor