Re: [gnugo-devel] Current CVS

From: Dave Denholm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Current CVS
Date: 30 Jan 2002 00:10:28 +0000

Daniel Bump <address@hidden> writes:

> This is what I tried in configure.in:
>
> AC_ARG_ENABLE(experimental-reading,
>         [--enable-experimental-reading        use experimental reading],
>         [if test ${enableval} = yes; then

It's usually a good idea to use "" around
variables being test-ed : if the variable
is empty,
  if test $x = yes

is invalid syntax

$ x=''
$ if test $x = yes ; then echo yes ; fi
test: =: unary operator expected

But
   if test "$x" = yes

should always be safe.

>             read_attack_c=read_attack.c
>          else
>             read_attack_c=
>          fi],
>          [read_attack_c=])
>
> AC_SUBST(read_attack_c)
>
> AH_TEMPLATE([EXPERIMENTAL_READING],
> [Experimental Reading. 0 standard.])
>
> if test "$enable_experimental_reading" = "yes" ; then
>    AC_DEFINE(EXPERIMENTAL_READING, 1)
> else
>    AC_DEFINE(EXPERIMENTAL_READING, 0)
> fi
>
> Then in patterns/Makefile.am the definition of
> GGBUILTSOURCES contains @address@hidden The idea
> is that this would be replaced by read_attack.c if
> you configure --experimental-reading but not
> otherwise.
>
> I don't see what's wrong with this scheme but
> autoconf refuses to do it.

(In a later mail you say autoconf runs but
 you get errors when running the configure script
)

Have you tried running

 sh -x ./configure ...

which will echo each command as it runs.

Will give loads of output, but might show something odd
happening.

dd
--
address@hidden          http://www.insignia.com