Re: [gnugo-devel] mysterious crash

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] mysterious crash
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 09:06:44 -0800

> That's no mystery. Examine_position() doesn't call make_dragons() and
> some other code when the board is empty. If I recall correctly the
> reason for this is that make_dragons() can (or at least could) crash
> when called for an empty board.

I put up a patch that should fix this at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/patches/initialize_dragons_1_32.1

This patch should fix the crashes I was getting while running
twogtp. It breaks initialize_dragon_data out of make_dragons
and calls it from examine_position if the board is empty.
This doesn't initialize the dragon2 array but that shouldn't
matter.

It also adds a function get_random_seed which could come in
handy, for example we should add the random seeds to the
sgf files made by twogtp.

- new initialize_dragon_data broken out of make_dragons
- dragons initialized for empty board
- new gtp get_random_seed

Dan