Re: [gnugo-devel] bug in readconnect

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug in readconnect
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:16:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 Daniel Bump wrote:
> > I got an assertion failure in readconnect.c. At the moment, I cannot
> > reproduce it, but I have a 1000-line gtp-file (with 300 genmoves) that
> > should be able to reproduce it.  Gunnar, in case you can spot the problem
> > immediately I have the debug output and the backtrace below.
>
> It could be useful to know the pattern that contributed this.
> You can get this out of the core file by
>
> (gdb) f 10
>
> to get into shapes_callback and:
>
> (gdb) p pattern->name

autohelperpat536 belongs to Pattern CB237 in patterns.db. (The method you
described only worked when I reproduced the crash without optimization.)

I have now a gtp-file that can reproduce the crash (I found that undo-bug
mentioned in the last message on the way of creating this file), and it
is appended below.

Btw, I got this crash by running a hacked version of vanilla.c, that sends
some random "white XXX"/"undo" to GNU Go alternating with "genmove_black".
This might be a good way to trigger crashs that occur in strange board
positions, and I will let it run for a while. (I intended this to be a
stress-test for Gunnar's undo implementation.)

Arend

GTP-File:

black Q16
white J5