Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: testing the 1-D boardcode: BOARD_OFFSET

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: testing the 1-D boardcode: BOARD_OFFSET
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:05:25 -0700

> Maybe not.
> However every new approach to testing has revealed bugs. I
> wouldn't be surprised if this approach would do so too
> (after using PASS_MOVE consistently).
>
> > I suggest not using the patch.
>
> It doesn't affect anything at BOARD_OFFSET = 0.
> Why not leave it in, if only as an idea for the future.

If one wanted to try this one could redefine POS so that
POS(-1,-1) returns 0 and then set PASS_MOVE = 0 and try it again.

But I don't know if anyone wants to spend the time tracking
down the problems this patch would reveal. It might turn
out there are no serious problems and it would just be a
waste of time. If it did track down some real problems this
would be a payoff but it's guaranteed not to work as
submitted, so I'm inclined to agree with Gunnar.

Dan