[gnugo-devel] possibly useful script breakage2tst.py

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] possibly useful script breakage2tst.py
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 21:29:52 +0200 (CEST)

For finetuning my influence permeability patch I wrote a small
python script that extracts all tests from a test run that led to an
unexpected result into a single .tst-file.

I guess this could be useful for anyone (->strategy: make some drastic
changes and then back out those that are responsible for FAILs); python
is probably installed in most and available on almost all Linux
distributions (and works on other platforms, too), and have thus
attached it.

P4-1.7 GHz owners might not need it so urgently, but I definitely liked
to get good feedback in 15 minutes instead of 8 hours :)
 Btw, it would be quick to add a command line option to make it update the
test results instead (in case Dan doesn't have a script to do this
automatically yet).

Arend

(Of course, it makes some assumptions -- persistent cache and similar
effects will be ignored. More precisely, it extracts all gtp commands
following the test case command that don't have an id, up to the most
recent loadsgf command.)

Usage is:
breakage2tst.py <BREAKAGE_... >excerpt.tst