Re: [gnugo-devel] Owl node limits

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Owl node limits
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:27:12 -0700

> Also, there are a number of owl problems that are tough to tune, because
> it's not obvious how to cut the nodes to under 1000.  Increasing the node
> limit to 2000 may make tuning of some of these problems easier.
>
> That is, there may be obvious tuning that can take place btw the leaves
> at depths 1000 & 2000.

I guess we need to do some timing tests to see what the impact
of increasing the owl node limit to 1500 or more would be.

I've put up a patch called owl_nodes_3_3.1 which allows you to
set the default OWL_NODE_LIMIT at configure time with
'configure --enable-owl-node-limit=1500'. The default is
still 1000 and it can still be overridden at run time.

I noticed that although DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE defaults to 8Mb
instead of the old 16 this didn't get changed in config.vc*.
The patch fixes that.

This patch is now in the CVS.

Dan