Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_3_3.6: shrink size of local_owl_data

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_3_3.6: shrink size of local_owl_data
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 21:42:23 +0200 (CEST)

Dan wrote:

> After this patch I get a compilation error because in owl_make_domains
> because
>
>   current_owl_data = owla;
>   other_owl_data = owlb;
>
> comes before the declarations:
>
>   struct eye_data *black_eye = NULL;
>   struct eye_data *white_eye = NULL;
>
> If I switch those then it compiles.

Hmm, I didn't catch this because I was using gcc 3.1 for compiling
(which yields slightly faster code -- compilation takes longer however).

It suspect that the option -Wp,lang-c89 should take care of forcing a
failure here. However, I cannot find this option in either the
documentation of gcc-2.95.3 nor 3.1
I can force gcc 3.1 to produce a warning there with -ansi -pedantic. But
that causes tons of other warnings due to the variadic macros.

I guess I will switch back to gcc 2.95.