Re: [gnugo-devel] experimental connections patch

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] experimental connections patch
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:47:55 +0200 (CEST)

> I have not added the patch to CVS yet. Presumably the patch should
> have only small effects with standard connections, but the regressions
> seemed to run unusually slow, so I'm not entirely sure there aren't
> any problems. It would be good if someone else could check this.

For nngs.tst, I didn't get a noticeable difference (actually a decrease
in time used by ~0.2% after applying the patch), with an unexpected PASS
for nngs:400. (I didn't try --experimental-connections yet.)

Btw, while I was there, I also tried an expact comparison between gcc 2.95.3
and gcc 3.1, and got a surprisingly good performance increase by about 14%.