Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_3_4.3: don't crash on invalid sgf-move

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_3_4.3: don't crash on invalid sgf-move
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 10:07:01 -0700

>  - Don't crash due to invalid move in .sgf-file.
>
> Instead ignore this move and print a warning. This is btw still not what
> the sgf standard says GNU Go should do. But I can't be bothered to get it
> conforming -- IMHO the sgf standard should just allow undefined behaviour in
> such a case.
>
> Arend

This patch (under the name arend_3_4.2) was briefly in the CVS
but I backed it out after discovering that it causes problems
with the regressions. I'm not sure whether there are actually
bogus sgf files or whether the patch is broke or both.

Dan

$ make all_batches
./regress.sh . reading.tst
WARNING: Move off board or on occupied position found in sgf-file.
Move ignored, trying to proceed.
WARNING: Move off board or on occupied position found in sgf-file.
Move ignored, trying to proceed.
WARNING: Move off board or on occupied position found in sgf-file.
Move ignored, trying to proceed.
WARNING: Move off board or on occupied position found in sgf-file.
Move ignored, trying to proceed.
29 unexpected FAIL: Correct '1 (F1|F2|N1)', got '3 F4'
30 unexpected FAIL: Correct '2 J1', got '1 G5'
31 unexpected FAIL: Correct '3 (F1|F2)', got '3 F4'
32 unexpected FAIL: Correct '2 J1', got '1 G5'
35 unexpected FAIL: Correct '1 B1', got 'vertex must not be empty'
36 unexpected FAIL: Correct '1 A5', got 'vertex must not be empty'
./regress.sh . owl.tst