Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_3_5.8: one more semeai crash fix

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] arend_3_5.8: one more semeai crash fix
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:36:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> > NB: Are we planning a 3.2.1? I think there are now a few bugfixes that
> > would go in there; OTOH we haven't found out anything about the first
> > bug Josh Stern had reported.
>
> Could you make a list of the bugfixes that you think should go into
> a 3.2.1?

I think the following bugfixes are relevant for 3.2:

 gunnar_3_1.1 Bugfix. (Not in 3.2.)
 gunnar_3_2.8 Crash eliminated.
 gunnar_3_2.10 Aftermath bugfix.
 arend_3_4.1 Fix ALL_MOVE move reason to even value.
 arend_3_4.2a Don't crash on a bogus sgf file. Revised version of arend_3_4.2.
 arend_3_5.8 Care in pop_owl when owl stack has moved (patch doesn't apply
        on 3.2, but a similar fix is needed.)

Gunnar's patches are probably not very urgent. The ALL_MOVE bug always gives
a crash always when
 - there is a ko
 - GNU GO wants to take it, but isn't allowed to, and
 - there is a move that has both a followup value (true for almost all
   moves) and ALL_MOVE as a move reason.
That is not so rare I assume.