Re: [gnugo-devel] dead links on dev page

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] dead links on dev page
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 22:45:12 -0700

> ok, that's good to know.  I more just meant it as they should be taken off
> the web page, and it looked like you were the person to send this to.

Right, I should fix the web.

> OK, so it looks to me like fixing owl inconsistencies requires a far
> greater understanding of the codebase than I have.  I'm happy to continue
> work on matcher_check (does it need a new name now?) if that is desired;
> would people have a use for replaying of sgf files or do we have the info
> needed?

One possibility for continuing this line of work (apart from running the
existing program) is to adapt matcher_check so that it looks for
inconsistencies in games, i.e. instead of generating moves for both sides
using GNU Go, it replays moves from an SGF file and looks for illegal status
changes. The SGF files might be taken from games played on NNGS. The reason
for this is that positions might come up in such games which would not arise
in gnugo-gnugo games because other opponents have different styles than
GNU Go.

Dan