Re: [gnugo-devel] auto-generated handtalk tests

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] auto-generated handtalk tests
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:04:41 -0700

> Oh, can I get someone to add the auto_handtalk.tst regression tests I sent
> in to CVS? (http://evand.rh.ncsu.edu/~evand/gnugo/)

Maybe we should just add these tests to the existing handtalk.tst.
But lets' review them first. I noticed in test 3 that the right
answer should probably be [2 T15] because the best B can get is ko.

After B:T15 W:T17 B:S15 W:T19 the position is ko.

Test 2 should probably be omitted because S19 is a sacrifice stone.

I'd like to look over the remaining tests but won't have time until
later.

> This is indeed bad, and we should add the position after a7-a8-a6 to our
> regression tests. The eye space analysis is going wrong here.

Another test we should add is the one Evan played on NNGS where GNU Go thinks
a group is dead at the end of the game.

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnugo-devel/2002-August/002491.html

Dan