Re: [gnugo-devel] CGF games

From: Heikki Levanto
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] CGF games
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:02:51 +0200

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 10:26:21PM +0200, Gunnar Farneback wrote:
> The conclusion is that we need to implement some
> anti-mirror strategies, the easiest and most important of which is to
> play tengen sometime early when white is mirroring in an even game.

Yes, playing black against a mirroring white is easy - just take the tengen
early enough. Playing white against a mirroring black (who started at
tengen) is the more complex one. It is possible to set up a winning semeai
around tengen, but there are interesting questions: When to do it? What is
the most effective way to do it? What if black stops mirroring in the middle
of this operation - can we still get a better result?

-H

--
Heikki Levanto  LSD - Levanto Software Development   <address@hidden>