Re: [gnugo-devel] safety_3_7.1

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] safety_3_7.1
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:45:37 -0700

> this patch might need revision. as it is now, it says that gnu go is
> supposed to pass all the new tests. however, with my build of gnu go
> it passes the first, but fails the second test. it may lead to
> confusing unexpected fails.

Generally Gunnar and I had the custom of adding new tests
without the asterisks. The asterisks got added by the
maintainer when an unstable release was made.

This may seem illogical. But one advantage of this policy
is that the new tests appear as unexpected FAILs for a
while, calling attention to themselves so that you can fix
the easy ones.

Dan