[gnugo-devel] matcher_check --stable

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] matcher_check --stable
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:06:26 +0200 (CEST)

Evan,

I tried to use matcher_check to test my latest patch, and have two
remarks:

1. I used
./matcher_check --program '../gnugo --mode gtp --quiet' --stable
'../../../gnugo-cvs/interface/gnugo --mode gtp --quiet'
--noilcheck --games 1 --sgffile blunders.sgf

Using this, all the comments ("
At move 30, W:
Test version played   O2
Stable version played S3
")
got written into the .sgf-file, producing invalid sgf. Is this a bug in
matcher_check or in my command line?

2. You use "gg_genmove black" for the stable version and "genmove_black"
for the unstable version. However, these two are not the same
(gg_genmove uses genmove_conservative instead of genmove, and uses a
fixed seed, invalidating your otherwise correct set_random_seed code
in matcher_check). I think you should use genmove_black for both, and
undo the move of the stable version afterwards.