[gnugo-devel] viking4 auto tests

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: [gnugo-devel] viking4 auto tests
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:26:09 -0400 (EDT)

OK, I've been analyzing some games of gnugo vs viking4 from nngs.  This
patch includes some test cases.

Test 1 is a case of a group being surrounded at a distance.  Probably good
for the new weakness code.

Test 2 and 3 are a life and death bug (semeai, probably?).

Test 4 I'm unsure of the exact problem, but it's life and death related.
Someone should correct this one.

Test 5 seems to be another loose surrounding problem, or maybe a
connection problem.

Test 6 is probably connection related.

Test 7 also looks to be a connection and/or life and death problem.

Test 8 is an urgent life and death problem (unless the group is already
dead, in which case something went badly wrong earlier, I think)

The games and tst file are at
http://evand.rh.ncsu.edu/~evand/gnugo/

Thanks

Evan Daniel