[gnugo-devel] regression patch

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] regression patch
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:05:26 +0200 (CEST)

I've put a regression patch in CVS (it's linked at devel.html). It adds
two tests; the owl test looks actually like an interesting eye valuation
problem. It is a seki position, eye shape .XXX. ; GNU Go would analyze
it correctly if the inner worm would be alive (no outside liberties) or
dead (two or more outside liberties), but gets it wrong with one outside
liberties: the three stones are considered lunch, and it generates a
move to eat it, destroying its own eye space.

Also, I've replaced all "get_life_node_counter" with
"get_conection_node_counter" in the .tst files -- as we don't have
--life anymore, I suppose this is uncontroversial.