Re: [gnugo-devel] nando_3.9.4c ?

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] nando_3.9.4c ?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:52:55 -0700

> The question : if I can confirm that the engine's behavior is favorably
> modified (regarding groups safety) by this patch, do you think it is worth
> the 6% additional owl nodes or not ?

One possibility is to make the patch an experimental one,
that is, the changes which cause the increase in owl nodes
only go into effect if EXPERIMENTAL_OWL (say) is defined
to be 1. We can make it a configure option just like the
current experimental semeai. Then it can go into the
release where it will be looked at by others.

I think we can safely increase the owl nodes a little
if there is a good reason. Possibly some of your FAILS
would go away in that case.

Dan