Re: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_9.4c

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_9.4c
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 08:31:56 -0700

> This patch needs nando_3_9.9 in order to work properly and supercedes
> nando_3_9.4b.
>
> I implemented many of Arend's suggestions (see his post) and added a couple
> features as well. It's late and I'm too tired to list these. I'll simply
> paste the notes I took while analyzing the regression breakage.
>
> Without --experimental-owl-ext, there is (of course) no change, neither in
> terms of results, nor in terms of performance (owl nodes).

Unfortunately this is not true. I applied the patch nando_3_9.4c,
and compiled WITHOUT the experimental option and started to run
the regressions. I got an unexpected fail in owl:148 and a crash
apparently in trevora:530.

***assertion failure:
move_reasons.c:149 - ON_BOARD1(str) near PASS***

   A B C D E F G H J
 9 . . . . . . X X . 9
 8 . . . . . X O O O 8
 7 . . + . X X X X O 7
 6 . . X X O O X O . 6
 5 . . X O O . X O . 5
 4 X X X X O O O . . 4
 3 X O O O . . + X . 3
 2 X X X O . . . . . 2     WHITE has captured 0 stones
 1 . O O O . . . . . 1     BLACK has captured 0 stones
   A B C D E F G H J

gnugo 3.3.8 (seed 0): You stepped on a bug.
Please save this game as an sgf file and mail it to address@hidden
If you can, please also include the debug output above this message.

Possible crash!: expected 48 results, got 36. Last successful test was 520.
./regress.sh . nngs1.tst

Dan