Re: [gnugo-devel] persistent reading cache inconsistencies

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] persistent reading cache inconsistencies
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:55:26 +0200

Evan wrote:
> attack_and_defend has a comment that talks about inconsistencies
> introduced by the reading cache.  I think I have a patch to fix it (if
> it's inconsistent, redo the reading).  How do I go about reproducing such
> an error to check if it works?

The only way I can see is to set up an assertion somewhere in the code
where an inconsistency can be observed and run through the regressions
(or replay some game, or whatever) and hope that it catches something.
These things have been observed in the past but I don't remember where
and it wouldn't be worth much if I did since both the reading code and
persistent caching has changed much since them.

/Gunnar