Re: [gnugo-devel] caching speed optimization

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] caching speed optimization
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:29:18 -0800

Paul wrote:

> - speed optimizations in cache.c
> - hashtable_unlink_closed_results() renamed to hashnode_unlink_closed_results
>
> this patch makes quite a few assorted speed optimizations in cache.c. some
> of them are obvious (like removing the call to hashtable_search() from
> hashtable_enter_position()), some are not. at the end, profiling (on nngs2)
> shows that each and every modified function became faster. well, there might
> be some noise, but that would be too much for a simple coincidence.

This patch, paul_3_17.1 does not compile. We get errors:

cache.c: In function `do_get_read_result':
cache.c:710: parse error before `unsigned'
cache.c:735: `data2' undeclared (first use in this function)
cache.c:735: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cache.c:735: for each function it appears in.)

Dan